SSL Installation Instructions
The following instructions will guide you through the SSL installation process on Microsoft Exchange 2016. If you have more than one server or device, you will need to install the certificate on each server or device you need to secure.
If you have not yet generated your certificate request, reference our Microsoft Exchange 2016 CSR Generation Instructions first.
- Save your domain's SSL certificate to your Exchange server's network share folder in the same location where the certificate request was created.
- Login to your Exchange Admin Center (EAC)
- On the left sidebar, click Servers.
- At the top of the page, click Certificates.
- In the center pane, select your certificate request (check for the Friendly Name you used when creating the request)
- In the right-hand certificate request details window, look under Status and click Complete.
- Complete Pending Request Wizard: below File to import, enter the UNC path to your SSL file's saved location.
- Click OK. The certificate should now be installed and Valid.
- Back on the Certificates page, select the newly installed SSL and click the pencil icon.
- In the Certificate window, click Services.
- Check all services that need to be secured by the SSL certificate, and click Save.
- Your SSL certificate should now be installed on all selected services on your Microsoft Exchange 2016 server.
Congratulations! You've successfully installed your SSL certificate! To check your work, visit the website in your browser at https://yourdomain.tld and view the certificate/site information to see if HTTPS/SSL is working properly. Remember, you may need to restart your server for changes to take effect.