Individual Validation (IV) is a little different than Organizational Validation (OV) because you’re not proving that you’re a company, but that you’re a single developer. This kind of validation requires that you prove your identity to the CA. There are two methods you can follow to complete this requirement.
Option 1: Photo ID
This option requires you to submit two documents to the Certificate Authority:
- Copy of government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, national ID, military ID, etc) including your name and address. The information on this ID must match the info on your certificate request.
- Photo of yourself (a "selfie") holding your photo ID. Your face and the information on the ID must be clearly visible for comparison to the copy of the ID.
You will submit these two documents directly to Sectigo by opening a ticket with the Certificate Authority's validation support. Select the case type Validation Support and the appropriate Case Reason reason, attach files and complete the form. You will get a reply with the case number you can refer to in any future communication.
Option 2: "Face to Face" form
You should use this method of validation if your photo ID does not include any address or if the address does not match your order. This method does require some additional documentation, and you must take the documents to an authorized notary in your area for signing and notarization. The following notarized documents are required:
- Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, military ID, etc)
- Financial document in the applicants name, such as a valid credit or debit card, mortgage statement, or bank statement
- Non-financial document in the applicants name with address, such as land-line phone bill (not mobile phone), recent utility bill, lease payment statement, birth certificate, tax bill, or court order document.
- Face to Face form with Personal Statement Declaration form: click here to download Face to Face form
When you have finished preparing the documentation, submit all forms directly to the Certificate Authority's validation team by opening a ticket. Select the case type Validation Support and the appropriate Case Reason reason, attach files and complete the form. You will get a reply with the case number you can refer to in any future communication.
Once you have submitted your documentation to the Certificate Authority's validation team, they will review and reach out to you via email to correspond further. When the certificate is approved and issued, you will receive an email with shipping tracker information, and any additional instructions required to set up your certificate.