There are three types of Personal Authentication Certificates which are used for email signing and encryption and document signing.
To receive any type of Personal Authentication Certificate, you'll need to complete the validation requirements with the Certificate Authority.
What's Required for Validation?
Basic Personal Authentication Certificate
After submitting your Basic PAC order, you will receive an email with instructions for completing a quick verification with a collection code. The certificate will be issued quickly after completing this verification, with no further information required.
Pro and Enterprise Personal Authentication Certificate
Both the Pro and Enterprise level personal authentication certificates require the following for validation:
- Identity Verification with government-issued photo ID + selfie, or "Face to Face" form.
- You may use a driver's license, passport, national ID card, military ID, or another government-issued photo ID card.
- The name on the card must match the name on the certificate request.
- Organization Validation, including
- Verification of legal existence using a government or tax source
- Verification of trade or assumed name, if applicable, using government or tax source, or third-party business directory such as Dun and Bradstreet.
- Verification of physical address using a government or tax source, or third-party business directory such as Dun and Bradstreet.
- Business phone number verification using government or tax source
- Authentication phone call made to the business number to verify the certificate request.
- After identity and organization validation, you will also complete email verification using a collection code before retrieving the certificate.
Please communicate with the Certificate Authority regarding your validation documentation. You can open a case with the validation team using the Sectigo Ticket System.