The following guide will help you complete the generation, validation, collection, and installation processes for our Email and Document Signing Certificates. Other than the purchasing process, please complete the steps below at the employee's terminal using Internet Explorer as your default browser.
Using Internet Explorer as the default browser at the employee's terminal, click "Generate Cert Now" in your Account Dashboard and enter the required organization and contact details.
Note: The Admin Contact Email Address will be the same email included in the Personal Authentication Certificate (CPAC) for signing and encrypting digital messages.
Upon generation, the CA will send an email titled "Please verify your application" with a unique set of instructions.
- Locate that email.
- Copy the link address and paste into Internet Explorer.
- Enter your email address.
- Return to the same email.
- Copy the collection code.
- Return to Internet Explorer and paste the code into the available field.
- Check I ACCEPT and click Submit & Continue.
- Next, click Request My Certificate Now to download the certificate in IE.
Upon completing the validation process, each employee must locate the downloaded certificate in the browser Certificate Manager folder and collect/back up the certificate in a PKCS#12 (.p12) format.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Navigate to Tools, then click Internet Options
- Select the Content tab and click the Certificates button
- Click Personal tab and select your Certificate Name
- Click Export
- Click Next in the Certificate Export Wizard
- Select Yes, export the private key and click Next
- Click Personal Information Exchange and Include all certificates in the certification path if possible and click Next
- Click Password and type a secured password and click Next
Note: This password will be required later during installation.
- Enter File Name and click Next
- Click Finish and you've successfully backed up your certificate and private key(s)
Upon saving the PKCS#12 file to your desktop, follow the instructions below to import the CPAC into Outlook to start signing & encrypting your digital messages.
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click the File tab
- Select Options
- Click Trust Center and then Trust Center Settings
- Select Email Security
- Click Import/Export under Digital IDs (Certificates)
- Click Browse... and locate the PKCS#12 file
- Enter your PKCS#12 Password and click OK
- Select Encrypt contents and attachments for outgoing messages and Add digital
- signature to outgoing messages under the Encrypted email section.
- Click OK and close the dialog.
Now, to test your newly installed certificate, open a new email and message a colleague who also has their own email signing certificate installed. Before clicking the send button, select the "Options" tab and choose to "Sign" the email under the Permissions section. This will allow your recipient to view, trust, and add your digital signature to their Contact folder. Afterwards, they can reply to your messages using the "Encrypt" Permission and start securing all data and attachments in transit.